Precious Metals & Alloys
For more than one hundred years, we've been working with precious metals and alloys to produce products with general and specific applications
for a wide range of industries.
Pure Platinum is supplied by Sigmund Cohn Corp. in two grades: Reference Grade, which is 99.99% pure, and Commercial Grade, which is 99.95% pure.
Sigmund Cohn Corp. offers several Platinum Group families.
Metals and Alloys:
- Palladium (99.95%)
- Platinum #851®: Platinum/Rhodium/Ruthenium
- Platinum #479®: Platinum/Tungsten
Many distinctive alloys are designed to provide specific resistivities, tensile strengths or degrees of nobility
Other Platinum alloys are also available on request
Sigmund Cohn Corp. produces Gold of two basic purities 99.99%, High Purity Gold, and 99.98%, Commercial Gold.
Metals and Alloys:
- Low resistance alloys: LR 80®
Other Alloys Include
- 14 and 18 Kt Gold
Silver & Silver Alloys
- Pure Silver in wire and ribbon form
- Alloys of Silver and Copper in several low resistances
Base Metals & Alloys
Sigmund Cohn Corp. produces unique products by combining base metals to achieve targeted results for unique applications.
- Copper (99.98%)
- Iron (99.9+ %)
- Aluminum (High Purity, 99.999% and Aluminum #1100, 99%)
- Tungsten (99.98%)
- Gold or Platinum plated
- Electropolished to a minimum of .00010"
- Offered to specified resistances
- Available in 3 grades
- RT quality to very high and uniform TCR specifications
- DIN 43760
- Commercially pure type 205
- Constantan$reg; (Cu-55%, Ni-45%)
- Nickel/Chromium (Ni-80%/Cr-20%)
- Nichrome 80*/Tophet*(Ni-61%/Cr-15%/balance-Fe)
- Nichrome 60*
- Aluminum/Silicon (Al-99%/Si-1%)
- Aluminum/Magnesium (Al-99%/Mg-1%)
- Nickel/Cobalt/Iron (Ni-29%/Co-17%/balance-Fe)
- Stainless Steel #302 (Cr-18%/Fe-70%/Ni-10%/plus Mn, C, Si)
- Copper/Silver (Cu-85%/Ag-15%)
- Phosphor Bronze Grade A (Cu-95%/Sn-5%)
- Phosphor Bronze Grade C (Cu-92%/Sn-8%)
- Beryllium Copper #10 (Cu-96.9%/Be-0.6%/Co-02.5%)
- Beryllium Copper #25 ( Cu-97.75%/Be-2%/Co-0.25%)
* Nichrome 60 and Nichrome 80 are registered trademarks of D. H. Alloys, Inc.
** Kovar and Tophet A are registered trademarks of CRS Holdings, Inc., a subsidiary of Carpenter Technology Corporation.